Game Space is the first GameFi as a Service (GaaS) released in the market. Through the SDK we provide, games can quickly integrate an exclusive multi-chain NFT marketplace and provide GameFi services. This article will use "Merge Bird", a Demo game, as an example (download), to introduce the full process of deploying Game Space SDK.
The main elements involved in the case study are: games, Game Space SDK, Game Space APP (wallet + NFT marketplace). Among them, games generate and transfer NFT through the Game Space SDK; users manage and trade games through the Game Space APP. The technical details of the Game Space SDK can be found here.
Special statement： "Merge Bird" is the GameFi version of the once popular mobile game "Flappy Bird". This year is the tenth anniversary of the birth of "Flappy Bird". As loyal fans of the game, Game Space has decided "Merge Bird" as the Demo merely as an act of paying tribute to the game. However, it doesn't mean that our target market is small games, Game Space's GaaS model is targeted at AAA games.
"Merge Bird" transforms the birds into NFTs through Game Space, which means that, the birds in the game can be minted into Bird NFTs and stored in the wallet through the SDK. Each Bird NFT has a unique number, the meaning of which is the number of times the bird can be reborn when it dies. "Reborn" means that, you can continue playing without having to start your score over meaning you can get past more obstacles, get higher scores, and move higher up in the leaderboards!
- 1.Listing NFTs Game operators can pre-sell one or more collection of NFTs on Game Space. For example, "Merge Bird" pre-sells 10,000 "Bird 1"s at a price of 9.99 USDT (not for restricted countries or regions). Gamers can purchase them either at the first release or in the exclusive secondary market. Considering global compliance operations, in response to the requirements of government regulatory policies around the world, Game Space is not open to users in Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Bangladesh, Cuba, mainland China and Hong Kong residents.
- 2.Authorizing the Merge Bird login After downloading "Merge Bird", users can authorise the login by setting up a Game Space account. If the Game Space APP is not downloaded, users will be guided to download it. Users can start playing as soon as the login has been authorized.
- 3.NFT Wallet The NFT assets, either obtained by users in the game or purchased in the market, and all Token assets will be displayed in the users Game Space wallet. Supported tokens include stablecoins (such as USDT, BUSD, HUSD, etc.) and additional game tokens. Game Space will also support token transactions in the future, so that users can make direct transactions between different tokens.
- 4.Authorizing the transfer of NFTsThe user has two backpacks in the game, the first backpack is for in-game assets (e.g., Birds) and the second backpack is for NFT assets (e.g., NFTs). Assets can be transferred back and forth between backpacks, meaning if the user wishes for in-game assets to be minted to an NFT assets and vis versa.When the asset is in the NFT backpack, it is stored in the Game Space APP under “Wallet” > “NFTs”, and:
In the game, you can select multiple birds (up to 10 at a time) and merge them into different birds. In our business model, the bird has already been imported into the game from the NFT wallet and has become an in-game asset (non-NFT), so there's no need to apply for the authorization from the Game Space App.Users can mint the birds they own in their in-game backpack into NFTs. The Game Space admin panel can use the mint interface of the SDK to generate the corresponding NFT in the NFT wallet, and then delete the bird in the in-game wallet.When an asset is in the wallet for in-game assets, it is stored in the game, and:
- Can be listed on the Game Space Marketplace for sale;
- If the user wants to use this NFT in the game, it needs to be imported into the game (from the backpack for NFT assets to the backpack for in-game assets).
- Can be used to play in the game；
- If the user wishes for this in-game asset to be listed “for sale” on the NFT Marketplace, it needs to be minted into an NFT (from the wallet for in-game assets to the wallet for NFT assets).
- 5.Authorizing the use of tokens In addition to NFTs, games can also obtain the permission of using tokens through the SDK, and the process is similar to authorizing the transfer of NFTs. The tokens that can be used includes mainstream tokens such as USDT and other game-related tokens.
- 1.The process of NFT purchases：Game operators can issue NFT assets in their markets. Distribution methods include ordinary listing, Mystery boxes, and auction (under development), etc.Users can select any NFT assets for sale on the Game Space marketplace.
- Click "Confirm" and enter the payment password to complete the purchase
- 2.The process for NFT listing：
- Users can select the NFT asset to be listed in the wallet and click 'Sell now', and then the user can set the selling price as they wish for the asset.
- After the listing is successful, the corresponding NFT asset will be put on sale (marked “dot” on the upper right).
- Select the listed asset to cancel the listing
- 3.User top-up process:
- Users can select "USDT top-up" on the homepage to obtain the top up addresses of different networks, and top up through exchanges or personal wallets.
- Users can also select any currency to top-up on the wallet page
- Game Space's admin panel helps game manufacturers deploy their games on multiple public chains, so that they only need to choose the network alias and which network to add to the server.
- Game manufacturers are allowed to create collections in the admin panel through "collection". Through "collection", they can limit the total amount of certain types of NFTs and manage the NFTs. The process of creating a "collection" is as follows： Select "Collection" > "Create collection", and fill in the details to create an NFT collection.
- After the collection is created, NFT assets need to be minted under the collection, after which Gaming manufacturers can list (e.g., Initial Game Offering), Airdrop, release Mystery boxes, etc. The process of "minting an NFT" is as follows:Click "View" to see the created collection
Enter the collection details page, click "Mint" to start minting an NFT
Fill in the details of the NFT
- Gaming manufacturers can use the Airdrop function to Airdrop NFT assets to eligible users to better promote and operate the games. The "Airdrop" process is as follows:Select "Airdrop" > "Create Airdrop", and choose one from "Manual Airdrop" and "Timed Airdrop", and/or from "Album Airdrop" and "Token Airdrop"
- Game manufacturers can release Mystery boxes through the "Mystery box" function. The process of releasing "Mystery boxes" is as follows:Select "Activity" > "Mystery Box" - "Create Mystery Box", and choose Airdrop items from "Collection" or "Token"
- Gaming manufacturers are free to set the transaction fee for NFT transactions between users：
If the NFT transaction fee is lower than 3.5%, the platform will charge 1.05%; if higher than 3.5%, the platform will charge 30%; For example: if the transaction fee is set to 2.5%, the platform will charge 1.05%, and the game manufacturer will charge 1.45%; If the transaction fee is set to 5%, then the platform will charge 1.5%, and the game manufacturer will charge 3.5%;
The transaction fee will be instantly calculated, and will arrive in the accounts of both parties after being charged.